Police find five people dead in Arizona home
The Associated Press
MESA, Ariz.- Police found five people dead in a suburban home Tuesday morning while responding to calls about shots fired in the area.
Gaffney said officers didn't find anyone alive. He had no information on who the victims were, how they died or whether the shooter was among them.
Gaffney said police in the Phoenix suburb received several calls reporting gunshots shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Officers initially thought someone might have been barricaded inside the house. They called the phone, used a public address system and knocked on the doors. A SWAT team entered the home several hours after the first officers arrived.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend