Parolee shoots one, then self after standoff with Chicago police
By Andrew Wang
CHICAGO — A parolee out of prison for two months shot a man on Chicago's South Side early Sunday, and fatally shot himself after a standoff with police, officials said.
Police said Logene Newton, 27, was a passenger in a van at about 12:30 a.m. when he shot a man in the head near 59th Street and Calumet Avenue.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court