Parolee shoots one, then self after standoff with Chicago police
By Andrew Wang
CHICAGO — A parolee out of prison for two months shot a man on Chicago's South Side early Sunday, and fatally shot himself after a standoff with police, officials said.
Police said Logene Newton, 27, was a passenger in a van at about 12:30 a.m. when he shot a man in the head near 59th Street and Calumet Avenue.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman