Fla. man shoots officers, cuts hostages during standoff
By Macollvie Jean-Francois
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — A tip for anyone having houseguests over: Don't hold them hostage, stab and point a handgun at them, especially with police surrounding your home.
That's the treatment Alfred Eugene Juska, 64, gave his visitor Algimantas Bronisas, 58, at his apartment in the 1500 block of Arthur Street for several hours between late Saturday night and early Sunday, said police spokesman Detective Carlos Negron.
Police shot Juska after he fired at them during a four-hour standoff and refused to surrender, Negron said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman