Man found dead after shootout, standoff with Ga. deputies
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
WALTON COUNTY, Ga. — A Walton County man was found dead early Wednesday, about eight hours after he exchanged gunfire with sheriff's deputies.
Walton sheriff's deputies were sent to the man's home off Turkey Mountain Trail east of Monroe about 4 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court