Smoke bomb ends 6-hour Maine standoff
BETTY JESPERSEN Blethen Maine News Service
Copyright 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
An unemployed bouncer was arrested Friday after a standoff with police that ended when officers tossed a smoke bomb into the apartment where he was holed up, then went in after him. Police said Matthew Mclarnon of Farmington, distraught about being jilted by a former girlfriend, entered her Church Street apartment, then barricaded himself and her inside, threatening to hurt himself with a knife.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Smoke bomb ends 6-hour Maine standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds