Smoke bomb ends 6-hour Maine standoff
BETTY JESPERSEN Blethen Maine News Service
Copyright 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
An unemployed bouncer was arrested Friday after a standoff with police that ended when officers tossed a smoke bomb into the apartment where he was holed up, then went in after him. Police said Matthew Mclarnon of Farmington, distraught about being jilted by a former girlfriend, entered her Church Street apartment, then barricaded himself and her inside, threatening to hurt himself with a knife.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Smoke bomb ends 6-hour Maine standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police