N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
From Staff Reports
The News and Observer
Copyright 2006 The News and Observer
DURHAM- A Durham man was shot by a police officer during a standoff Monday afternoon on East Geer Street, but his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
Christopher Thomas Vaughn, 20, was talking when he was taken to Duke Hospital with a gunshot wound to the face, police said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help