N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
From Staff Reports
The News and Observer
Copyright 2006 The News and Observer
DURHAM- A Durham man was shot by a police officer during a standoff Monday afternoon on East Geer Street, but his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
Christopher Thomas Vaughn, 20, was talking when he was taken to Duke Hospital with a gunshot wound to the face, police said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend