N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
From Staff Reports
The News and Observer
Copyright 2006 The News and Observer
DURHAM- A Durham man was shot by a police officer during a standoff Monday afternoon on East Geer Street, but his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
Christopher Thomas Vaughn, 20, was talking when he was taken to Duke Hospital with a gunshot wound to the face, police said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform