N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
From Staff Reports
The News and Observer
Copyright 2006 The News and Observer
DURHAM- A Durham man was shot by a police officer during a standoff Monday afternoon on East Geer Street, but his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
Christopher Thomas Vaughn, 20, was talking when he was taken to Duke Hospital with a gunshot wound to the face, police said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer shoots man during standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house