Tear gas brings Mass. man out of home
Linda Bock, Telegram & Gazette Staff
Copyright 2006 Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
MENDON- In a dramatic conclusion to a five-hour-plus standoff in a residential neighborhood last night, a SWAT team fired several rounds of tear gas into a home at 52 Bellingham St. about 10:40 p.m., and that led to the arrest, just before 11 p.m., of a man who had barricaded himself for more than five hours. He had allegedly fired one gunshot earlier.
A number of neighbors reported seeing a woman run outside screaming about 5:30 p.m., and called 911 to report the sound of a gunshot.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tear gas brings Mass. man out of home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic