Mo. house found empty after 6-hour siege
By Joel Currier and Bill Bryan
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
ST. LOUIS- Police found nobody home Tuesday evening at a house in the Hill neighborhood after a 6 1/2-hour siege complete with snipers, a hostage response team, a negotiator and several rounds of tear-gas fire.
Police were seeking a man wanted for questioning in a killing early Monday in a rural area of Madison County north of Edwardsville.
The victim, Christopher L. Olson, 35, a roofer from Portage des Sioux, was shot to death, probably about 4 a.m. Monday, officials said. His body was discovered by a passing motorist about 6 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. house found empty after 6-hour siege
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper