Suspect found dead after standoff with police in Calif.
The Associated Press
SACRAMENTO - A man was found dead inside a home Monday after an early morning standoff with police.
Officers forced their way into the house where he had been holed up for several hours and found him dead from a gunshot wound, police Sgt. Terrell Marshall said.
The police department's SWAT team arrived at the home in a neighborhood northeast of downtown about 4 a.m. after responding to reports of gunfire in the area. Police said shots were fired from the home at officers nearly four hours later.
The investigation into the man's death and the circumstances leading to it is ongoing, Marshall said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert