Wisc. man attacks officers with ax; barricades himself in home
By The Associated Press
WAUZEKA, Wis. — A 52-year-old man has been arrested after he attacked Crawford County sheriff's deputies with an ax and then barricaded himself in his home.
Prairie du Chien Police Chief Michael King says a special operations team that included members of his department attempted to negotiate with the man for about three hours. Then, the naked man ran screaming out of his home about 7:30 p.m. Thursday and charged law enforcement officers.
King says the man was shot with an electronic stun gun and two 12-gauge less lethal impact rounds.
He says the man was not injured, nor were any law enforcement agents.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy