Gunman kills himself in Ill. standoff
By Andrew Wang
The Chicago Tribune
WAUKEGAN, Ill. — A police standoff that began in Waukegan at 3 a.m. Tuesday ended about 8:30 p.m., when a robbery suspect who had barricaded himself into an apartment killed himself after exchanging gunfire with police, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gunman kills himself in Ill. standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help