Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
By Colleen Heild and Rozanna M. Martinez
SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. — Sandoval County sheriff's deputy Theresa Moriarty pleaded with neighbors to call for an ambulance after her partner was gravely wounded during an undercover stakeout in a Jemez Mountain cabin.
A 911 tape recording released by State Police late Friday shows neighbors across the road from the cabin called in the emergency at 4:40 a.m. on July 16.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests