Ga. man shoots and wounds two deputies, kills self
NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. — Newton County officials say two sheriff’s deputies have been hospitalized with wounds after a standoff with a man later found shot to death.
Lt. Tyrone Oliver of the Newton County Sheriff’s Department said the deputies were shot on Monday when they approached the man’s home after receiving a call about a suicide threat.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help