Calif. police sniper ends dangerous standoff
By Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A five-hour standoff that ended in the shooting death of a rifle-wielding man in Pleasant Hill was too dangerous to involve his father, who came to the scene and pleaded with police to let him talk to his son, authorities said Monday.
Renardo Flores, 32, was shot and killed shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday after holing up in his home and that of a neighbor on Audrey Lane near the Sunvalley Mall and repeatedly firing at officers trying to flush him out, said Pleasant Hill police Lt. Dan Connelly.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police sniper ends dangerous standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman