Va. cop recounts shootout, feared execution
Officer Sean Fleming went to back up fellow officers on his way home from work
By Louis Hansen
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — Police Officer Sean Fleming told a jury Monday that he feared two suspects circling his truck were trying to execute him during a June highway shootout.
Fleming arrived at George Washington Highway near an on-ramp to Interstate 64 to back up fellow officers, he said. Fleming said he saw two men crossing the road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. cop recounts shootout, feared execution
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms