Man kills baby in standoff with NY troopers
Suspect shot and wounded by officers before being taken to hospital
BLOSSVALE, N.Y. — New York state police say a man who shot a 3-month-old baby to death in front of troopers during a standoff has been shot by officers and wounded.
Police say the armed man was outside a home in the upstate town of Blossvale when troopers arrived after getting a 911 call about a domestic dispute at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Troopers say they shot the man after he used a long gun to shoot the baby and open fire on officers.
The gunman survived and was taken by helicopter to a local hospital. The baby was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The names and relationships of the people involved haven't been released.
Blossvale is about 30 miles east of Syracuse.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman