Standoff between alleged robbers and Md. police ends peacefully
The Associated Press
COLUMBIA, Md.- A stand-off between two alleged robbers and police ended with the men's arrests Sunday in Howard County.
Police say the two suspects, 19-year-old Devon Dixon and a 17-year-old male, were arrested after running into a residence in Columbia after a street robbery.
Police were called by a victim and witness after the robbery. The victim told police he was approached by two suspects who implied a weapon and demanded his cell phone.
Authorities surrounded a home the men were believed to be inside and attempted to make contact.
Police say no one responded, but both suspects were found inside a home, which turned out to be Dixon's residence.
Police encouraged the suspects to come out of the house peacefully and arrested both.
No one was injured.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court