7-hour Utah standoff ends when man surrenders
Deseret Morning News
Copyright 2006 The Deseret News Publishing Co.
CLEARFIELD, Utah- Police say a suicidal man who threatened to blow up his home surrendered early Sunday morning after a standoff that lasted nearly seven hours.
The neighborhood surrounding the man's home, in the 400 North block of 450 West, was evacuated during the incident. Clearfield police officers, the Davis County Sheriff's SWAT team and SWAT teams from Bountiful and Layton responded to the scene, according to the Clearfield Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 7-hour Utah standoff ends when man surrenders
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court