Standoff in Providence, R.I., ends peacefully
PROVIDENCE, R.I.- A six-hour standoff between a barricaded man and Providence police ends peacefully.
Deputy Police Chief Paul Kennedy says a man armed with a gun locked himself inside a third-floor apartment with someone else around 2 am. A police special-tactics team surrounded the apartment building.
The gunman surrendered to police several hours later. Authorities haven't released the arrested man's name.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman