Calif. standoff ends with arrest of man wanted in killings
Jason James Reyes is suspected of fatally shooting a 32-year-old man walking March 5 in a Rite Aid parking lot with his 8-year-old daughter in Hanford
Ventura County Star
VENTURA, Calif. — A suspect wanted in connection with homicides in Hanford and Hayward was arrested Friday at a Ventura condominium complex after a four-hour standoff with police.
Jason James Reyes and another person were taken into custody about 4 p.m. after they surrendered to authorities who had surrounded the Peppertree complex in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue, Ventura police Cmdr. Brock Avery said. The pair walked out of a residence and surrendered without incident, Avery said. No one was injured.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman