NYPD: Man who shot 4 cops reached for more powerful weapon
The more powerful bullets would have gone through the officers' vests
By Larry Celona, Jessica Simeone and Leonard Greene
The New York Post
The crazed gunman who wounded four Brooklyn cops was reaching for another rifle loaded with more powerful, armor-piercing bullets to inflict deadly injuries just before he was stopped, officials said yesterday.
"If he would have been able to grab that gun, this would have been a lot more tragic. It would have been in God's hands," said a police official familiar with the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help