NYPD: Man who shot 4 cops reached for more powerful weapon
The more powerful bullets would have gone through the officers' vests
By Larry Celona, Jessica Simeone and Leonard Greene
The New York Post
The crazed gunman who wounded four Brooklyn cops was reaching for another rifle loaded with more powerful, armor-piercing bullets to inflict deadly injuries just before he was stopped, officials said yesterday.
"If he would have been able to grab that gun, this would have been a lot more tragic. It would have been in God's hands," said a police official familiar with the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman