Ore. police arrest man after 6-hour standoff
Salem police were investigating a report that someome had been menaced with a weapon
SALEM, Ore. — Salem police say they've arrested a 19-year-old man following a six-hour standoff.
Officers went looking for Jeremy Russell Dunham at a home Saturday evening as they investigated a report from the previous day that someone had been menaced with a weapon. Police determined he was in the home, and that there were weapons inside, but they say he refused to come outside or speak with officers.
Salem police say a SWAT team was brought to the scene by about 9 p.m. Saturday, and they entered the home just before 2 a.m. Sunday. A police dog found Dunham hiding under a stairwell.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms