Mass. CO involved in standoff held without bail
By Linda Bock
Worcester Telegram & Gazette,
PAXTON, Mass. — An off-duty correction officer who barricaded himself in his house for more than two hours Sunday was ordered held without bail yesterday after his arraignment in Western Worcester District Court in East Brookfield on criminal charges, according to the district attorney's office.
Bruce Bazinet, 50, a sergeant at the Worcester County Jail and House of Correction in West Boylston, was taken into custody Sunday night after a two-hour standoff with police at his house at 100 Laurel St. The initial information received by the state police was that Sgt. Bazinet was potentially suicidal and was armed with a rifle and several handguns, according to a state police news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. CO involved in standoff held without bail
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police