Police: Utah man in minidress planted explosives in yards
Neighbors say the man has shown increasingly bizarre behavior in recent months, including making threats against police and posting unusual videos on YouTube
By Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News
EAST MILLCREEK, Utah — A 4 1/2-hour standoff with a man whom police called "mentally unstable" and who they feared may have planted explosive devices in his neighbors' yards ended without incident Sunday night. By 9 p.m. all residents had been cleared to return to their homes, according to Unified Police.
An armored police vehicle drove right to the front door of David Baker's house, 3830 S. Del Mar, according to witnesses, apparently prompting Baker to run out the back door where he was taken into custody by waiting SWAT team members.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help