Barricaded man pulls knife on SWAT team
Suspect pointed a handgun at deputies when they entered his residence
By Paul Biasco
Chicago Daily Herald
CHICAGO — Members of the McHenry County sheriff's SWAT team shot a man with bean bag rounds Saturday afternoon after the man barricaded himself in a room and brandished a knife, according to police.
Officers responded to the 2900 block of Northwest Road in Marengo Township just after noon Saturday to serve a domestic battery warrant on Edward P. Bolen at his address.
McHenry County sheriff's deputies saw Bolen inside the residence and made contact with him and a roommate, according to police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Barricaded man pulls knife on SWAT team
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court