Victim dead, Conn. officer seriously wounded in 11-hour standoff
Suspect died of self-inflicted gunshot, officer was shot in neck, shoulder and leg
NORWICH, Conn. — The 30-year-old man who shot a city police officer Monday night died of a self-inflicted gunshot, according to state police.
Police sources say that Jason Razzino had at least three weapons - a Mini-14 rifle and two handguns. He began firing at the police when they arrived, state police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house