Mayor: Public safety was police priority in Pa. shooting
A suspect and his mother were shot, ending a dangerous pursuit through a heavily populated area
By Margaret Harding and Adam Smeltz
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
PITTSBURGG — Sydnee Lucas watched a car zoom past her on the South Side early Sunday, heard the shots and then felt the pain.
Lucas, 24, was among hundreds of people on the sidewalks outside East Carson Street's bars and nightclubs when five Pittsburgh police officers opened fire on a car. A stray bullet grazed her lower back.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court