Canadian officer, suspect killed in standoff
The 17 hour standoff ended with the suspect and one officer dead of gunshot wounds, and a second officer injured
QUEBEC — The body of a dead man has been found inside a home in northern Quebec, ending a 17-hour standoff that left one police officer dead and another seriously injured on Saturday night.
The incident started at about 9:30 p.m. ET Saturday, when the Kativik Regional Police Force got a 911 call about a domestic dispute at a home in Kuujjuaq, Que.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer, suspect killed in standoff
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy