NC police: 3 dead after shooting, police standoff
The suspected shooter shot himself as deputies and SWAT team members surrounded the house where he was hiding
HARRISBURG, N.C. — Authorities in a Charlotte suburb say a man suspected of shooting two neighbors has committed suicide after a six-hour police standoff.
The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Cabarrus County sheriff's deputies said late Friday that the suspected shooter shot himself as deputies and SWAT team members surrounded the house where he was hiding.
Late Friday afternoon, deputies responded to a report of a man shooting a gun at a house. They said the suspect shot two neighbors in what was described as a neighborhood feud. Neighbors told the newspaper that the two victims were adult males.
WBTV-TV reports that a woman and her young children were able to escape the home where the initial shootings occurred.
Sheriff Brad Riley couldn't immediately be reached for comment by the Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend