3 dead in NC standoff
SWAT members surrounded the suspects house for 6 hours after he killed 2 neighbors
By Cameron Steele
The Herald Online
HARRISBURG, NC — A six-hour SWAT team standoff ended late Friday with a suspected shooter and two of his neighbors dead, police say.
A Cabarrus County sheriff’s official said the suspect apparently shot himself as deputies and SWAT team members surrounded the house where he was hiding. Earlier Friday, the suspect shot and killed two others, police say, in what they described as a neighborhood dispute.
Authorities said Anthony Charles Hardy, 50, shot and killed neighbors Daniel Thomas Kirchner, 42, and Gary Wade Stocks, 64, in the backyard of Kirchner's house at 7791 Coachman Court. Hardy later killed himself after seeking refuge from police in his own home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert