Police storm house; arrest N.Y. man after standoff
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.- A day-long armed standoff between a 31-year-old Hudson Valley man and police ended with the man's arrest on charges of attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment.
The incident began early yesterday morning when police arrived at a town of Poughkeepsie home to question 31-year-old Scott Record about a domestic incident involving a family member.
Record barricaded himself inside the home and relatives said he had access to firearms.
About nine hours after the standoff began, police detonated a small explosive device to distract Record.
Officers then stormed in an arrested him.
He has been charged with felony counts of first-degree attempted rape and first-degree unlawful imprisonment.
Record is being held in Dutchess County Jail on 100-thousand dollars bail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house