Officer, suspect wounded in Ark. shootout, 4 arrested
Officer Barry Kingston suffered a graze wound on the right leg in the exchange of gunfire
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Four people were taken into custody Sunday night at a Little Rock home where gunfire was exchanged with police officers, authorities said.
About 9:45 p.m. Sunday, police received a 911 call reporting that two people were taking pictures of themselves holding long guns on the porch of the home at 1001 S. Monroe St., according to a statement by Little Rock police spokesman Sgt. Cassandra Davis.
When officers arrived, they saw two black men run inside the house and then heard gunshots from near the house, police said. Kingston and Hollister returned fire, and once the gunfire stopped, three men and one woman — Vandorian Pittman, 22; Jamye Clayton, 20; Roxcena Smith, 42; and Etavious Smith, 19 — emerged from the home and were arrested, police said.
Clayton had been shot in the foot, and Officer Barry Kingston suffered a graze wound on the right leg, authorities said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert