Gunman in custody after barricading self in Ga. hospital
SWAT unit negotiated with the man until he eventually surrendered, no one was hurt
PHOENIX — A gunman at a Phoenix hospital is in custody after he barricaded himself inside the facility’s emergency room, according to police.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump said the suspect was contained in a bathroom inside Phoenix Baptist Hospital’s emergency room early Monday morning. He was taken into custody following negotiations with a SWAT team.
Crump said the suspect brandished a knife as police approached him. Authorities were able to remove the knife from the man, but he then pulled out a gun. The man ran into a bathroom inside the hospital’s emergency room and locked himself in.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter