Violent Okla. standoff ends in suspect's suicide
When police arrived, they found a man beating his wife in their front yard with a high-powered rifle
By Bree Steffen
OKLAHOMA CITY — Several families had to be evacuated after a man locked himself in a house with several assault weapons.
“I answer the door. Police are frantic, telling us that there’s someone barricaded in the house behind us.” Kyle Fitch said. “And the house is surrounded so we needed to get out because they had high-powered rifles.”
Officers received a call for help around 1:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. When they arrived at the 18000 block of Montoro Way, they found a man beating his wife in their front yard with a high-powered rifle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help