SWAT pursues gunman after 5-year-old, mom shot
SWAT team negotiators are in a residential area of Cleveland where they believe the gunman is
CLEVELAND — Cleveland police say they have a possible location for the gunman suspected of fatally shooting a 5-year-old girl and injuring her mother while they sat in a vehicle Sunday.
SWAT team negotiators are in a residential area of Cleveland.
Authorities say the shooting happened at about 11 p.m. Sunday on the city's west side. They say a man in a green SUV pulled up to the vehicle, got out and opened fire, striking the two victims. He then fled.
The girl was killed. Her 33-year-old mother was in fair condition Monday at MetroHealth Medical Center.
Police say the vehicle was traced to one address, and they were led from there to another address. That's where they are now.
No arrests have been made.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform