Mich. trooper shot, man dead in standoff
A trooper was shot and a man was found dead after an 11-hour standoff Wednesday
By PoliceOne Staff
FLINT, Mich. — A trooper was shot and a man was found dead after an 11-hour standoff Wednesday.
MLive reports police were at the scene to arrest 22-year-old Daron Raymond Gaylor Jr. – a fugitive wanted on charges of first-degree murder, assault with intent to murder, and three gun charges in a July 2 double shooting that left one dead and one critical.
Gaylor was also a suspect in a July 5 shooting that ended with a man dead and a child injured.
After the long standoff at the dwelling police believed Gaylor was armed and barricaded in, state troopers entered and a suspect opened fire, striking one of the officers.
The trooper sustained non-life threatening injuries, according to the report.
A man, believed to be Gaylor, was found dead inside the residence shortly after. Police have yet to confirm the man’s identity, or the cause of death.
The trooper is expected to recover from his injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform