Video: Shotgun-wielding 90-year-old surrenders after SWAT standoff
Police responded to the scene Thursday after the woman, armed with a 12-gauge shotgun, threatened nearby construction workers
By PoliceOne Staff
CHANNELVIEW, Texas — An armed 90-year-old woman was arrested after a four-hour standoff with a Texas SWAT unit.
According to KPRC, police responded to the scene Thursday when the woman, armed with a 12-gauge shotgun, threatened nearby construction workers after being angered by their excavation of dirt onto a barge near the woman’s residence.
The woman - Eleouise Adcock – is reportedly the last holdout in the purchase of land in the area.
Adcock had threatened the workers multiple times previously, but the level of Adcock’s anger made the standoff the first instance the police were called to the scene.
Adcock refused to drop the shotgun, and sat on her porch as police negotiated with her.
Around four hours later, with SWAT surrounding the residence, police were able to convince Adock to put the gun down.
Adcock was escorted to nearby paramedics without incident and sent to the hospital for a psychological evaluation.
Police say no charges are expected against Adcock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend