Hostage situation reported in suburban Chicago bank
DOLTON, Ill.- An attempted bank robbery turned into a hostage standoff in a Chicago suburb Wednesday with several people trapped inside, authorities said.
Dolton village spokesman Sean Howard said officers had communicated with people inside the bank, but he declined to give specifics or say how many suspects were involved.
He said there were multiple hostages inside the Heritage Community Bank.
Authorities blocked off several streets around the bank as police from at least three towns worked to resolve the situation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court