The Standoff Situations topic page offers a variety of tactical tips and strategic concepts to make sure the innocents are spared, the subject is secured, and the officers go home safely. When a suspect is barricaded in place, many things must happen for a successful resolution, such as setting up outer and inner perimeters, and making contact with the subject.
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert