The Standoff Situations topic page offers a variety of tactical tips and strategic concepts to make sure the innocents are spared, the subject is secured, and the officers go home safely. When a suspect is barricaded in place, many things must happen for a successful resolution, such as setting up outer and inner perimeters, and making contact with the subject.
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID(131)
- Fla. Highway Patrol dealing with trooper shortage(34)
- San Francisco courts test new approach to homeless crimes(19)
- Va. special agent fatally shot by convicted felon(14)
- 8 dead, including deputy, in Miss. shooting rampage; suspect arrested(13)