Fatal shooting of Boston man called "suicide-by-cop"
By Claire Cummings
The Boston Globe
QUINCY, Mass. — Police shot and killed a 65-year-old Quincy man yesterday after he attacked officers with a knife as they responded to a report of an attempted suicide, authorities said.
Police and an emergency unit responded to a 911 call at about 10 a.m. and found James Hart with self-inflicted knife wounds inside a small shed on Grand View Avenue , Norfolk District Attorney William R. Keating said during a press conference yesterday. When officers tried to force Hart out of the small structure with a chemical spray, he ran out and attacked with a 12-inch kitchen knife, Keating said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help