Calif. man leads police on chase in motorhome
By Gary Klien
The Marin Independent Journal
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — A man who threatened to commit "suicide by cop" was arrested Tuesday after leading police on a chase from San Rafael to Richmond and back in a ramshackle 1978 motorhome, authorities said.
Jared Jackson, 36, of San Rafael gave up the half-hour pursuit at 5:05 p.m., when he stopped the motorhome near Highway 101 after winding his way through downtown San Rafael, including a swing past police headquarters.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. man leads police on chase in motorhome
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police