Suspect shot by Dallas police said he wanted to die
By Scott Goldstein
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Fifteen police officers shot at a robbery suspect who was killed Sunday night in Pleasant Grove after he refused to drop a gun and told his mother by phone he wanted to die, police said.
Dontell Mitch Terrell, 19, of Dallas died at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas shortly after he was shot. It is unclear how many times he was hit, but police said 13 Dallas officers and two Mesquite officers fired at him in the 10000 block of Mesita Drive near North Masters Drive and Lake June Road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman