Maine man intentionally crashes into squad car
Man who "wanted to kill himself" has been charged with felony aggravated assault and aggravated criminal mischief... "there may be additional charges"
Bangor Daily News
An Old Town man who "wanted to kill himself" intentionally drove his car head-on into an Old Town police cruiser late Saturday, Old Town police Sgt. Mike Hashey said Tuesday.
Police initially attempted to stop Erick Gilman, 31, listed as a transient, around 10:45 p.m. for speeding on Gilman Falls Avenue, but he refused to stop, the sergeant said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine man intentionally crashes into squad car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform