Man shoots himself in chest during police standoff
He had barricaded himself in his home with intent to commit suicide
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
EL PASO — A man is in critical condition after shooting himself in the chest during a standoff with police late Monday night in Northeast El Paso.
About 8:40 p.m., El Paso police responding to a call of a suicide in progress with a weapon encountered a man who had apparently barricaded himself inside a home in the 10400 block of Persephone Drive in the area of Charles Middle School. Upon arrival, police heard gunshots coming from inside.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house