Ex-Minn. cop convicted in bank robbery
Attorneys say his daughter's illness and haunting memories of combat duty guided his actions
By Frederick Melo
St. Paul Pioneer Press
APPLE VALLEY, Minn. — Feeling isolated and unhinged by his daughter's illness and haunting memories of his combat duty, Minneapolis police officer Timothy Carson robbed an Apple Valley bank seeking two things, his attorneys say.
The first was clearly cash. The second may have been a desire to end his life.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Minn. cop convicted in bank robbery
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman