Bath salts suspected in suicide by cop arrest
“The guy was saying, ‘Why didn’t you shoot me — that’s why I told you I had a gun,’” police said
Bangor Daily News
BANGOR, Maine — A local man who witnesses said had used “bath salts,” a newly outlawed synthetic drug, told police last week that he had a gun in an apparent attempt to commit “suicide by cop,” according to Sgt. Larry Webber.
“The guy was saying, ‘Why didn’t you shoot me — that’s why I told you I had a gun,’” Webber said Wednesday, reading from Officer Kevin Haefele’s report.
James Green, 29, was reportedly tapping on windows at a Bolling Drive apartment where his girlfriend was when police were called around 7 p.m. July 6.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bath salts suspected in suicide by cop arrest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform