Police: Colo. shooting may have been 'Suicide By Cop'
The Associated Press
AURORA, Colo.- A man wielding a knife and shot at by police 16 times may have been trying to commit "suicide by cop," police said Monday.
The man's identity was not released, pending notification of family.
A security guard called police shortly before the shooting after seeing the man allegedly taking part in a drug deal, police said.
The suspect demanded police shoot him and refused to drop a knife, Dudley said.
Dudley said whether the man had a firearm did not play a role in the officers' decision to shoot.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman