Ohio officials think man's intention was suicide-by-cop
Study: 36 percent of the officer-involved shootings nationwide from 1998 to 2006 were a 'suicide by cop' situation
By Marc Katz
Dayton Daily News
TROTWOOD, Ohio — A man shot by a Trotwood police officer on Sunday likely was attempting suicide, a department spokesman said on Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests